Many experts in the field of medicine claim that the occurrence of insomnia is often associated with incorrectly chosen bedding. This is especially true of such a product as a pillow. Today, manufacturers offer many different models, and a special place in this list is occupied by products with a memory effect. It is worth noting that these pillows have relatively recently appeared on the market, but have already managed to gain the attention of buyers.
What it is?
In general, most memory pillows are rectangular. The feature of the products is the presence of the so-called "hollow" in the center of the product. Edges of pillows are slightly raised that provides the most comfortable rest. It is worth noting that products with this form are ideal for people who suffer from cervical osteochondrosis.
The memory effect is provided by the memory foam (polyurethane foam) filler used in the base. The material reacts to pressure and warmth of a person, thanks to which the pillow completely adjusts to your position in a dream. In the absence of exposure, the product acquires its original shape.
It should be noted that such a pillow under the head not only provides a calm and comfortable rest, but also has a therapeutic effect. In a dream, the muscles are completely relaxed, the blood supply is significantly improved. The use of a pillow will not eliminate obvious violations, but nevertheless the symptoms of diseases associated with the spine will not appear so pronounced.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any modern bedding, the memory pillow has certain advantages and disadvantages. The advantages of these models include:
- have an orthopedic basis;
- products have an ergonomic shape;
- the base has a cellular structure that provides normal air circulation;
- No dust accumulates on the products.
As a result of testing models, it was proved that the orthopedic basis provides normal breathing during sleep. That is why these pillows are recommended for use by people who suffer from snoring.
Also, after sleep, the neck does not numb, as is often the case in the morning. The ergonomic properties of the pillows provide comfort and convenience that prevents the occurrence of pain. This point is worth considering for people who suffer from diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
But besides the advantages, there are certain disadvantages. The first significant minus is the fragility of sleep products. Even the highest quality models lose their memory effect over time. Basically, it affects washing.
With prolonged use, the product becomes more dense and solid. The filler loses its original properties under the influence of constant pressure.
Many people complain that sleeping on such pillows at first is not very comfortable. Indeed, sleeping on these models takes some getting used to. At the initial pores, the polyurethane foam base does not seem to be very comfortable.
How to choose?
If you decide to purchase a pillow with a memory effect, in the process you need to consider a few important points. Experts recommend buying models in specialized stores. In this case, you can be sure of good quality pillows:
- In the process of purchasing, pay attention to the height of the product. Should focus on the width of their own shoulders. High pillows are suitable for owners of rather big sizes.
- An important criterion is the rigidity of the model. This parameter depends on the position in which you are accustomed to sleep. For example, if a person prefers to turn on his side, then it is best to choose a product with high rigidity rates. If you are used to sleeping on your back, then you need to buy a product with an average degree. Those who like to rest lying on his stomach, fit the softest options.
- Another significant point is the price of the product. In this issue, reviews will help buyers who have already made such a purchase. Most consumers say that it is best to give preference to the average price category. Basically, the cost of such pillows is 2000 rubles. Many manufacturers offer more budget options - up to 1000 rubles. But it should be understood that the quality of products is at a low level. In addition, most pillows lose their properties after short-term use.
Please note that there are certain indications and contraindications to the use of orthopedic products. Memory pillows are recommended for people who have suffered neck injuries. Often these products are used by people who spend a lot of time at the computer.
Those who are engaged in hard physical work should also get this pillow. In addition, the use of the product prevents the appearance of scoliosis and lordosis. The pillows are suitable for people who suffer from pain in the back of the head and cervical arthritis.
Contraindications include individual intolerance to chemicals and the presence of allergic reactions.
Today, manufacturers offer several types of orthopedic pillows with a memory effect. In the first place, the products differ in form. Classic options include rectangular pillows. Experts recommend choosing just such models for sleep, as they are better than other species adapt to the position of the human body.
In addition, there are oval and round pillows. No less popular are rectangular models.
Particular attention should be paid to the size of products. Standard types are models with a width of 30-60 cm. The length of the products ranges from 40-80 cm. For comfortable and comfortable sleep, it is recommended to use pillows with parameters of 50x70 cm.
Also different models and the case in which they are located. The most budget types include pillowcases, based on the usual cotton fabric.
Particular attention in the selection process of the product should be paid to the filling material:
- One of the most popular are latex pillows. In this case, to create them, natural substances with a rubber base are used. Latex products have a foam structure. Their main advantage is elasticity, as well as good air permeability.
- Often special ones are used to create pillows. polyester balls. Thanks to the use of this substance, the models are comfortable and hygienic. In addition, pillows with this content are easy to wash and dry.
- Especially popular are models of foam Memory foam. Products with polyurethane foam perfectly follow the contours of the human body during sleep. The material has lightness and airiness, as well as an open structure, which is the main advantage. These properties provide good thermoregulation. Many buyers claim that the material absorbs unpleasant odors, but this is absolutely not the case. This memorix is ventilated quite quickly, and therefore does not emit any odors.
It is worth paying attention to such a moment as the sensitivity of memorix to body temperature. Indeed, the base reacts to this indicator, which can trigger excessive sweating. But thanks to the cellular structure, moisture does not accumulate inside.
How to care?
The cushion with memoriform in the base is unpretentious in maintenance, and therefore cleaning takes a minimum amount of time. But in the process it is necessary to focus on several features that will help to do everything correctly.
If dirt appears on the surface, use a soapy solution for cleaning. Remove stains with a soft sponge that does not damage the material. But this should not be done too often, as washing can lead to warping of the base. Do not forget that due to the cellular structure of the material is well ventilated and does not hold unpleasant odors.
Please note that the pillow with a polyurethane base in no case can not be washed in a typewriter. Such processing destroys the structure of the base and negatively affects the useful properties of the product.
Only dry cleaning is suitable for removing dirt. Wash only a pillow case, and it should be done as soon as stains appear on the fabric.
The rating of the best pillows with a memory effect will help you decide on a suitable option:
- Special attention should be paid to the model. "Relax Visco Vegetal". For the impregnation of the product, special antibacterial compositions are used, which prevent the occurrence of ticks, fungus and other harmful microorganisms inside. To create a cover used natural bamboo, which absorbs moisture. Medium hard pillow is ideal for a strong and healthy sleep. It is worth highlighting such an important moment as the presence of vegetable oils in the filler.
- To expensive and high-quality models include pillow "Brener Embrace". The product has an ergonomic shape, complete with two removable pillowcases made of organic cotton. The material is perfectly breathable.
- The interesting options include the product from Magniflex "Relief". The feature of the pillow is the presence of a double wave. It is worth paying attention to the fact that the service life of the product is 10 years.
- Another unique option is a water-based orthopedic pillow. "Vefer Sky Jap-53". It provides environmental friendliness and high quality products. At the request of the client, manufacturers complete the model with a case made of hypoallergenic material.
Further we offer you to look at the review of the Trelax orthopedic pillow with memory effect.