Modern fashion sofas
A modern sofa is a necessary piece of furniture, without which it is impossible to create a cozy interior in any room, and it does not matter for what purpose it is intended. Buying a sofa is always a very serious step towards creating a cozy atmosphere in the room. Fashionable sofa can become a highlight of any interior, and also interesting to diversify it.
Features and benefits
Any modern sofa has a stylish design. Such a piece of furniture can look completely different: it can be a rather small and comfortable sofa or a large and wide piece of furniture. Now manufacturers are a huge selection of sofas that you can choose for every taste. A wide variety also determines their multifunctionality. You can easily find a sofa for the bedroom, nursery, living room, kitchen, office and any other premises. Moreover, many models look great as folded, as in the unfolded form.
A sofa is an irreplaceable thing, without which no family man can do. It can perform both the function of a bed and the function of a regular seat. On a soft sofa, you can relax in front of the TV after a hard day’s work. This piece of furniture will fit perfectly in a spacious room, and in a small and cozy little room.
Sofas can have any shape, especially for children's furniture, such a bed can attract the attention of any child, children will love to sleep on a bright and unusual sofa.
Also now, manufacturers produce sofas in a variety of styles that can be chosen based on what the interior design of your home. You can purchase any such piece of furniture, starting with the one that is made in the factory and ending with stylish and unique design solutions. Factory models are more versatile and cost-effective, while designer models are distinguished by their originality and sophistication of style. Therefore, the choice of the sofa is very important, but sometimes difficult. After all, this is due to the huge variety of model range of these soft pieces of furniture.
Now there is a huge variety of types of sofas - these are both factory models, which have standard transformation mechanisms, and home-made pallet sofas, which can be made from wooden pallets. Now very popular model with chick.
- This is a french couchwhich is a couch model for two, it is very ergonomic and compact.
- A very unusual type of sofa, which came to us from the East, is model with ottoman. This is a comfortable multifunctional sofa with a low back and a small padded stool, which is called ottoman. In another way it is called sofa pouf.
- The most comfortable and healthy are anatomical sofasThey differ in that they have an orthopedic effect. Such furniture is very useful for the spine. It is not too soft and moderately resilient option, which is perfect for sleeping.
- Very original and comfortable. electric sofa. Such a model can be folded or unfolded with one touch of the remote control button. You can also remotely extend the footrest and tilt the back to the desired tilt. These are usually high-back models.
Also, sofas may vary depending on the type of boards. It can be models with soft or wooden sidewalls, as well as models without boards. It all depends on the mechanism of transformation of a particular model.
- Some sofas are made on wheels, they have a roll-out mechanism, but there are also models on metal legs. The last option is evrodivan, that is, the model "eurobook", which has a very convenient transformation mechanism and does not have wheels.
The size of the sofa is a very important component, because this indicator is sometimes decisive when choosing this piece of furniture. Usually, the size of the sofa is chosen based on the size of the room in which it should be located. For a room with a small area are perfect compact models that take up little space. Usually these sofas are laid out forward and look very small when folded.
You can also buy a small corner sofa for a small room, it will take up a bit of space, in addition, it is capable of very economical and practical use of the space of the room. Also for a small room you can buy a two-tier sofa, especially for children's rooms in case you have two children.
Such a sofa can have any height, but such a piece of furniture with a height of 150 cm is standard.
Short sofas are usually purchased for cramped rooms, especially square rooms. This is a perfect wide sofa, which has small dimensions. Children's sofa usually has a length of 120 cm to 140 cm, more adult models are usually made from 2 m long. For living rooms you can buy long and massive sofas that look very elegant and luxurious, these can be 3 m long models that usually have along the wall in the large living room. Also for a large room, you can pick up a massive large corner sofa, it can have dimensions of 120 cm by 3 m.
This is a very bulky design, but it has a large number of seats, this sofa will provide a wide spacious sleeping place.
The transforming sofa is a very convenient option which is a functional component of an interior of any house. Thanks to this piece of furniture, every square meter in the house can be used very effectively. All transformers are very popular among buyers, so manufacturers offer all new options for transformation mechanisms. This mechanism is a very important component, so you should first of all pay attention to it when buying such a piece of furniture. The mechanism also affects how comfortable and functional the sofa will be.
The most classic and common mechanism is "book"Previously, such models were intended solely for sleeping, but now the mechanism of the“ book ”sofa suggests the possibility of several types of backrest arrangement: it can be a regular sofa, a half-folding backrest, designed so that you can relax in a reclining position, as well as completely unfolded sofa bed.
Such a model can be very easy to decompose and assemble, with no need to exert extra effort.
A more modern option is "eurobook"Such a mechanism involves the construction of a sliding sofa. Usually it is a sliding piece of furniture that quietly travels all the way forward, and the backrest falls to the empty seat.
This model is very stylish and versatile, it can be put anywhere in the room. The great advantage of this design is that it hides a large box for things. In it, you can remove anything: shoes, clothes, bed linen and much more. This sofa can be equipped with a stand or rollers. Moreover, the frame is usually made of high quality wood material.
Another transformation mechanism is "accordion". They call it differently."accordion", because it unfolds precisely in the form of this object. The seat is initially raised to the click and then pushed forward, decomposed from the resulting harmonica into a straight line. The great advantage of such a sofa is that it is quite tall and comfortable, besides, since it is advanced far forward, it has a small width, so it takes up very little space in the room, but such a mechanism has a drawback: it is quite large in length, and therefore not suitable for narrow rooms.
Some really like the mechanism. "dolphin"It is rather unusual and is named so because when you take it out you make movements, it looks like a dolphin diving. When you lay out the furniture, you initially move the withdrawable element and then raise the mattress towards you."
This is a rather voluminous and large-sized model, but it also usually has a wide box in its structure that is intended for storing linen.
For those who are afraid of ruining the carpet, lenolium or parquet, there is an interesting model with a mechanism called "nightstand"This is a very reliable option that can be easily folded, and even a child can cope with it. This is not a folding sofa that can be assembled and disassembled in one motion, for this you need to raise the seat and install it on the supporting legs. Seat part does not roll out forward , as in previous models, so does not spoil the floor covering.
An interesting mechanism is sofa. This piece of furniture is quite versatile, because it can serve as a sofa and a bed. It is quite simple, because it has a withdrawable mechanism: it moves out on wheels, but usually a linen box leaves the box, and the soft part is a place to sleep. It is also very easy to decompose, because it moves forward very smoothly.
It used to be very popular folding sofaNow it is not less fashionable improved version, which has the usual compact size and a very diverse design, because the bed is presented in a slightly different form than the sofa itself. Usually, the mechanism is made of metal, on which a very strong fabric is stretched, so the design resembles a cot. It is necessary to put a mattress on top of it in order to create a comfortable soft place.
The folding sofa can be easily disassembled: first, the cushions are removed from the seats, and then the seat itself is lifted up and pushed forward, while the base of the seat unfolds.
Typically, such a transformation mechanism is not used as the main bed, because the clamshell does not allow you to create a flat and comfortable surface. Such model can become fine option of a spare guest berth.
Very original is a mechanism called "tango". It has a very comfortable frame made of steel, so it is often acquired by those people for whom the orthopedic function of the bed is important. The main thing is to choose the mattress correctly. In general, the mechanism is a bit like a book, but differs from it by the armrests and by the fact that such a model may have different positions of its inclination. The part where the head of a person will be located may be slightly raised, which will provide convenience and comfort during sleep.
Mechanism couches is also very comfortable, so is great for sleeping. The basis of such a transformer is made of steel, the mechanism also includes wooden battens. The armrests are able to adjust the inclination of the sofa, so this mechanism is also very comfortable. In addition, it is usually hidden enough roomy laundry box.
Mechanismsesame"is a very practical and reliable option, it will ensure the durability of the sofa. As a rule, such models serve for a very long time, because the mechanism is distinguished by its reliability. In addition, the transformation mechanism is able to provide an orthopedic effect, because it is distinguished by its strength, then perfectly affects the back, neck and spine.
A very common version of the transformation mechanism is "coupe"This is a view that takes up very little space, because it unfolds upwards. This transformation mechanism is able to create a two-story sleeping bed.
This type of upholstered furniture is perfect for a child's room, when folded, it is an ordinary small sofa, and in the unfolded mechanism allows you to create two single beds.
For the children's room is very relevant mechanism "junior"because it is also able to create two separate beds from the sofa. This is a rather long and wide version that unfolds in parts: first the left and then the right side. Both berths move forward, the stove remains in the middle of the furniture. This is very convenient for those who has two children at home.
A very interesting variation of the mechanism is transformer with recliner. Such a mechanism is able to fold back, so it can create very comfortable seating and sleeping places. This type of upholstered furniture can transform, repeating the shape of the body. You can independently adjust the angle of inclination, in addition, you can push the bottom of the comfortable footrest. Such a transformation mechanism can be not only mechanical, but also electric, it is a very stylish and comfortable novelty.
Quite interesting is rotary transformation mechanism. This sofa unfolds, turning to the side. These are usually angular models, the two adjacent sides of which rotate forward through the top, forming double seats.
The sofa can have any shape. Types of sofas in form depend on their design.
- A very interesting variation of such upholstered furniture is boat. This is a common sofa book, which is made on high legs and has a beautiful and sophisticated shape. Usually such models are purchased for the living room, they are very rarely used as a bed. Living rooms are also great. l-shaped models. This is usually the corner options that look very luxurious.
- For the kitchen can be purchased couch. These corner models are able to decorate the interior of any kitchen and help you correctly use its space. For the kitchen also make and circular sofas, they are perfect for a round dining table. Such a sofa will gently bend around it, smooth forms will perfectly fit into any interior and will become the highlight of your kitchen.
- Most sofas have a classic rectangular shape, but there are rounded options that purchase for the living room. The circular option can also be bought in case you want to furnish your office interestingly. Usually such models are made in the form of arcs. These are narrow, but stylish sofas.
For more modern interior designs, manufacturers also offer regular round sofas; they may be small in size. These are very unusual solutions that diversify the design of the room.
- The greatest variety of forms is presented among models of children's furniture.. Such sleeping places can take the form of castles, ships, as well as a variety of animals and cartoon characters. They can be a very interesting addition to the children's room and it is interesting to diversify it. The transforming sofa of an unusual form can please any kid. Also, children's furniture is characterized by a variety of shapes of the sides and back, it may be interesting to change the design of such a soft product.
There is a huge amount of color upholstered furniture. The sofa is usually purchased in color, which will correspond to the interior of the room where it is located. It is better to buy models in the bedroom in lighter and pastel colors, this is an excellent and versatile option for sleeping.
In case you want to buy a sofa in order to put it in the living room, it is better to prefer darker and monotonous models, but the specific color will depend on the interior of the guest room. A black leather sofa looks very advantageous in the living room, especially if the room is shaped retro style. Also brown, beige, dark green, maroon and other similar tones are perfect for living rooms.
In the event that you want to buy a sofa for your office, you should also buy a single dark or single-color light sofa depending on the color of the walls in your office.
Beige leather sofa - the perfect solution for the office. Also, perfectly white sofas look very fashionable and stylish, they can be put both in the study and in the living room. Furniture of this color can be a highlight of any interior. If you have too calm design of the room, and you want to somehow diversify it, you can buy a colorful sofa that will put bright accents. Red, green or purple version can decorate any interior, as well as interesting to diversify it.
Bright sofas will also perfectly fit into any children's room. Girls usually get pink, yellow, green, lilac, purple and other sofas. These colors are very bright and popular, they like children. For children are also very popular models with a colorful design, in which many colors are mixed. A color sofa with the image of your kid's favorite cartoon characters is perfect for the children's room.
In the children's room for a boy you can buy a blue sofa, as well as blue, red or light green. Синий вариант будет прекрасным решением в случае, если вы решили оформить детскую в морском стиле. Постарайтесь не приобретать для детской комнаты светлые диваны, поскольку малыши могут легко их запачкать.It is better to give preference to brighter models with different images that will help make the spots more invisible.
In any case, for a child's room, try to get the most diverse in color upholstery models of upholstered furniture.
Sofas are very often divided depending on what materials they are made of. Moreover, both the frame materials and the upholstery are important.
- The most reliable is the version with a wooden frame.such a piece of furniture can last for a very long time. But if the wooden frame is made of separate components, it is less reliable than the base of solid wood. He will be able to withstand almost any load.
- Also there are models with a metal frame. They are less popular because they are not able to withstand such large loads as sofas made of wood. But such furniture is very easy to repair - such a frame is fixed with bolts or can be made by welding.
The advantage of this frame is that after the upholstery of the sofa wears out, the frame can be reused when creating a new sofa.
- Metal models are more budget than wood. The most high-quality and expensive are such pieces of furniture made from oak, beech, ash, and birch. The most unreliable option is the frame of coniferous wood. If you want to save money, it is better to give preference to birch, because it is not so expensive, but better quality.
- Many people prefer such furniture, the frame of which is made from artificial materials. These include particleboard and MDF. These are reliable plates which have a synthetic component. They are usually made from dried wood fibers, which are bonded to each other using synthetic adhesives. Such a frame must be fully interconnected, it is also allowed that is bolted. In no case do not purchase a sofa made of chipboard, which is connected with nails or glue, it is an extremely reliable construction.
When choosing the material from which the sofa is made, it is also important to pay attention to its upholstery..
- Jacquard upholstery is very popular now.. This is a very high quality and reliable material that has a dense weaving of fibers. Although Jacquard is an artificial material, it is often very often that sofas are upholstered by them. The big advantage of this fabric is also the fact that such upholstery looks elegant, because when it is created using golden silver fibers.
All fabric sofas look beautiful, but even more elegant looks wicker sofa. This version of the upholstery will perfectly fit into any interior and revive it.
- Models from the flock are very famous and common.. Flock does not apply to fabrics, it is an upholstery that has small villi. This material is synthetic, it has a beautiful appearance, it feels a bit like velvet fabric to the touch.
- For upholstery manufacturers have long been used and tapestry. This material is made from natural fibers, so it is perfect for sofa upholstery. Among buyers such things are in great demand, it is also due to the fact that now there is a huge selection of different tapestry upholstery options, which differ in color, design and print.
- The sofa from the mat is very reliable. This piece of furniture can last for a long time, so this material is very often used for upholstering upholstered furniture. The upholstery made of chinilla looks great, as this option is distinguished by weaving fluffy threads of fabric. Such upholstery can be made from both natural and artificial fibers. Cotton or viscose chinilum is considered the highest quality.
- The upholstery made of microfiber looks beautiful. This coating has a synthetic composition, it includes fibers of polyester yarns. This upholstery looks very beautiful, because it has small fleeces, it feels very soft and even velvet to the touch.
- Now, many manufacturers make sofas upholstered in velor. Velor itself refers to natural materials, but it is not very reliable if you use it as upholstery - it wipes out very quickly and loses its former gloss. That is why manufacturers are now adding synthetic fibers to velor upholstery, thereby prolonging the life of this piece of furniture.
- The most luxurious upholstery option is genuine leather.. This sofa looks gorgeous, it is able to show the high social status of its owner. The leather sofa will fit into any interior - both in the design of the antique room, and in the modern living room or nursery. This is a spectacular and stylish solution, which at the same time is practical. A sofa with leather upholstery in summer will provide coolness, and in winter it will warm you on cold evenings.
A well-known disadvantage of this upholstery is that it requires very careful care.
Fittings for such a piece of furniture is important in the event that some part is broken and you want to replace it. As a rule, these are rollers for a sofa, since furniture wheels are the most vulnerable part of the design. The wheels for the sofa can be purchased separately to replace the old ones on their own, as well as to install them on a sofa, the design of which does not provide for their presence. You can buy them in any furniture store. Their cost is very low.
When choosing a sofa buyers pay attention to the style in which it is made.
- The high-tech style is unusual.. These are sofas that have a minimum of extra details, usually they are monochrome tones, but the style also offers the presence of bright colors. This can be a red, yellow or green sofa, diluted with white paint.
- Now many decorate their rooms in style. minimalism. Upholstered furniture, which is selected for arranging the interior of such a room, usually has a minimum of small details and is notable for its simplicity.
- Looks beautiful sofa in retro style. It can be both leather and fabric options, which are sometimes artificially aged. Antique things are very popular, they are able to elegantly complement the interior. Usually for this purpose choose black leather or monophonic fabric sofas with effect of olden time.
- Now popular furniture in the style of Provence. This direction assumes the presence in the interior of lightness, light and tenderness. Such furniture is perfect for decorating bedrooms and children's rooms. Provence style sofas are usually made in beige, pink, peach, white and other pastel colors. A sofa in the style of Provence is perfect for the girl’s room, and the boy’s room can be decorated with this piece of furniture in the marine style.
- Sea style implies a combination of white and blue tones, strip print. Also, some sofas in nautical style are decorated with red patterns that look great on a white and blue background.
- Modern living rooms in style loft decorate with sofas that are made in the same direction. Such pieces of furniture are simple, their upholstery is usually maroon, brown, black. The brick color of such upholstered furniture is also very popular, since very often when creating a design in this style, the interior is diluted with one or more walls with imitation bricks.
Where to put?
A sofa is a rather large piece of furniture that undoubtedly attracts attention. Therefore, you need to very correctly choose the place where you can put it. The most successful is the location of the sofa with a back against a wall on which there are no windows. By purchasing a sofa, you initially have to objectively assess its size, and after that you can put it somewhere. If you have a spacious room, and the sofa is very massive, you can put it in the middle of the room. This is a great option for those who have a wide living room.
If you can’t decide for a long time where to put the sofa, then you need to draw a floor plan by hand and think over where all the pieces of furniture will be, including the sofa. If you still decide to put a sofa in the center of the room, please note that only island options that have a high back are suitable for this, and it should be trimmed from the reverse side, because this part of the sofa will be visible.
Since the sofa, located in the center, will be subject to a comprehensive review, it must be beautiful and of high quality.
- Conveniently have a sofa in the center also if, in addition to the beautiful back, it has built-in cabinets or drawers, since this is not only a stylish, but also a practical solution. This arrangement is perfect for home cinema, a wide sofa in the middle of a large spacious living room will create an excellent environment for family watching movies.