Wardrobe in the style of "Provence"
Furniture in the Provence style is characterized by a predominance of a calm color range: from white-tinted and ivory to the shade of the summer sky and young greenery. On the general monophonic background small bright patches of juicy and bright colors are allowed - cheerful pink, dynamic lilac, noble turquoise.
- Provencal style furniture is traditionally light, has a slightly worn look with a touch of antiquity. It is even possible to imitate the advanced age of furniture - scuffs on the facades, faded paint and cracked parts. Cabinets are not particularly sophisticated and seem a little rough.
- furniture can be wooden or wicker. Forged furniture in Provence style is also allowed. If a solid wooden array seems too expensive option, you can order a wardrobe of more democratic materials such as DPS and MDF, but always with imitation wood. Exterior decor should also have a wooden texture.
- Cabinet dimensions in the Provencal style do not play a role. Here the emphasis is on the shape and color scheme. Simple lines and colors of pastel colors are welcomed. Massive details are very characteristic of the style - for example, heavy forged handles made of copper.
- The presence of jewelry in the details. This can be, for example, carved cornice or handles. Decorate the wardrobe - coupe can also be. The front facade of the closet - the Provence-style coupe can be decorated with floral ornaments or painted with rustic motifs.
- As for the internal filling, some details of technical progress can be made here - be it pantographs, compartments for household appliances, lifting mechanisms or built-in lights. Thus, only the exterior facade of the cabinet is important, behind which there may well be functional furniture equipped with the latest technology.
- Previously, the Provence style allowed the presence of only swing doors in the closet, then modern fashion takes its toll and allows for a version of the closet — a compartment in the Provence style with sliding systems.
How to make the furniture look old
If you want to change the style of furniture already available in the house or simply refresh the interior, you can add a touch of antiquity to a modern wardrobe in several ways.
- Mechanical. Use emery paper, hard bristled brushes or a metal scraper to clean the cabinet surface in several places, making several scratches and irregularities.
- Chemical. To create cracks and scuffs, you can use paints, varnishes and ordinary table vinegar.
- Thermal. With the help of a candle or a soldering iron, you can make several tan on the front of the cabinet. They will mimic the traces of termites.
- Decoupage method. This is another way to remake the cabinet under the style of Provence. We clean the cabinet surface from acrylic paint in several layers, allowing each of them to dry. Next, take a stencil with a pattern on a rural theme, dilute the PVA glue with water in a 1: 1 ratio, and paint the cabinet surface through a stencil with a solution. An hour later, cover the drawing with a layer of clear varnish and dry it.
After this, apply another standing water-based lacquer and use a hair dryer to dry the drawing. Hot air paints varnish, thereby creating the effect of antiquity. Apply gilding to the edges of the stencil as a finishing touch.
In order for the Provence wardrobe not to be a separate foreign body, it is necessary that it become part of the interior. Therefore, it is necessary to observe the style in the rest of the room. You can complement the spirit of the province by adding a few details to the interior with a floral print or elements of hand-made lace. If the cabinet has outer shelves, you can lay napkins of straw or embroidery on them.
In the bedroom, hang curtains with plenty of ruffles and ruffles. To match the curtains, you can lay a bedspread on the bed and decorate the bed with decorative pillows. If after the repair in the bedroom or another room you still have pieces of wallpaper, you can decorate the doors of the closet - compartment. And then it will be one hundred percent hit in the image: the cabinet will merge with the room and become one with it.
The wardrobe in the Provencal style will more harmoniously look complete with the rest of the furniture. It can be a dresser or a table in the same style. Looks great next to a wardrobe in the Provence style fireplace with an abundance of elegant figurines, candlesticks, carved caskets and other cute trinkets. Sliding wardrobes for living rooms may have a little more elegant forms than is typical for Provence. You can decorate them with hand-painted floral motifs.
Win-win - white wardrobe and white furniture in the appropriate style. This color awakens positive emotions in most people. It is often associated with luxury and aristocracy, with the French Riviera and the beaches of Saint-Tropez. It is the color of serenity, bliss and tranquility. Therefore, a white wardrobe of Provence design in the bedroom or in the room of a young girl would be especially appropriate.
Many people mistakenly believe that white color is suitable only for women. It should be recognized that men also often choose white furniture. A white wardrobe in Provence style can easily fit into any other style. And if you later want to change the direction of the provincial interior, for example, classical or minimalist style, then the same wardrobe will fit well into this interior. The same applies to Scandinavian design.
The wardrobes in the Provence style are inherently no different from the cabinets in other versions and can also be built-in or box-mounted. By itself, Provence style suggests the presence of light and free space. Provence style furniture is great for country cottages and country houses. But this does not mean that such a style cannot be created in a city apartment. The only condition necessary for this is the presence of daylight.
For the hall, a wardrobe in the style of Provence may have forged items. If the door of the closet compartment with a mirror, it would be nice to "dress" it in an openwork frame made of metal, and next to put a clothes hanger in the same style.