Tile on the floor in the living room: beautiful examples in the interior
Ideal finishing material combines the following characteristics: practicality, reliability, durability and attractive appearance. These characteristics have ceramic tiles. On sale both floor and wall furnish are presented. Many believe that this material is used only for the decoration of bathrooms and sanitary facilities, but this opinion is wrong. Tiles can decorate the room or living room.
Tile in the living room - fashionable and stylish decoration. With its help, you can organize an extraordinary design in various stylistic directions. Designers have developed many techniques that can be translated into reality using such finishing material. The tile on the floor gives a special expressiveness and chic. The modern market is replete with a variety of products that differ in size, color, texture and other characteristics.
The tile will help not only to decorate, but also to level the floor, to make it perfectly smooth. If you want to focus on finishing the floor, pay attention to textured scarves. Demand is for models that imitate natural materials, such as stone or wood.
First, you should weigh all the pros and cons of such decoration in the interior. Such an original solution has a lot of advantages:
- Life time. A quality product has a long service life. Each manufacturer has an individual indicator, but the optimal period is several decades.
If the tile has a high rate of abrasion and was laid correctly, the floor will retain its appeal for centuries.
- Wear resistance. This finishing material has reliability and durability. This indicator is achieved through dense texture. Even on the basis of high-traffic areas, the material will feel excellent, demonstrating resistance to constant loads.
- Cleaning. Caring for tiles is easier than ever. Due to the dense texture of particles of dust and dirt are not absorbed into the material, remaining on the surface. The easiest way to clean a glossy tile is because it has a smooth and smooth texture. With the relief will have to tinker a little longer, but the process still will not be particularly complex. For cleaning, you can use ordinary detergents. If pollution is negligible, rags and clean water suffice.
- Appearance. A beautiful tile in an instant will attract the attention of everyone who enters your house. Using dies of various colors, you can create an unusual and expressive composition on the floor. Selecting the appropriate option is not a problem, there is to take into account the rich range, which is constantly updated and replenished.
- Selection. The range of colors and textures will surprise even the most demanding customers. Monochrome models, stylish patterns, thematic images - this and much more can be found in modern stores of finishing materials.
The finishing with the use of floor tiles in the living room has its disadvantages:
- Tactile sensations. The tile is cold to the touch, especially in the frosty season. If you plan to decorate her living room floors, take care of purchasing a lush, warm carpet. He will make the situation more comfortable, but not for all the stylistics this element is like.
It is also recommended to install the "warm floor" technology in the room.
- Slip. Tiles, especially glossy, may be too slippery. This characteristic is especially dangerous if the house is inhabited by elderly people or small children.
- Sound. From the impacts of the sole on the tile, ringing sounds are heard: this can break the comfortable and peaceful atmosphere. Many are unnerving like. This effect creates the impression of a public place. Extra noise in the house is not needed.
Types of material and design techniques
A tile can have the following texture:
- Gloss. Glossy tiles have a special look. It attracts the attention of a perfectly smooth surface and brilliance. The material has a reflective effect that visually expands the size of the room. The glossy tile imitating a natural stone perfectly looks. Dies can be monophonic or decorated with patterns.
Such a floor design can be used in both classic and modern styles. It all depends on the color of the tile and additional elements on it.
- Carpet. With the help of tiles on the floor create an image of the carpet. A part of the pattern is applied to each plate, while the texture of the finishing material is even and smooth. Each tile is placed on the floor in a certain sequence, creating the necessary pattern. This technique is often used in classical decorative directions. Designers recommend using this technique in spacious living rooms.
- A rock. Finishing under the material is in great demand among lovers of naturalness and environmental friendliness. The unusual look is attracted by tile under stone. The surface of the material is embossed, rough. If you choose the right materials and other decorative elements, you can create a stylish composition. Tile painted in natural colors that are characteristic of the stone.
- Composition. The artistic composition placed on the floor will be a key element of the style. The image consists of various dies. Used as a small mosaic, and large tiles. The subject of the picture can be different: from abstraction to a specific image.
- Practical area. The tile boasts resistance to constant loads and mechanical damage. This indicator will play an important role if there are many people living in the house. Practical finishing material can be issued a separate area, which is most often subjected to stress. As a rule, it is a dining table or area near the bar.
- Izysk. To create an elite and luxurious atmosphere in the room, use tiles with imitation marble. This is the perfect solution for classic destinations. Finishing will be in harmony with sharp furniture, decorated with three-dimensional elements and gold-plated details. Marbled tile looks perfect in combination with a glossy surface.
A color scheme
Color mix - a stylish, expressive decorative design. Decorators combine several colors on one surface. You can combine two shades or more. The best option - 3 colors.
There are standard combinations:
- White and black;
- beige and brown;
- black and gray;
- white and any other bright color;
- milky and golden
These are the most common options. In fact, there are many more. You can also choose your own shades.
Neutral dies of a clear shape - the best tool for creating a strict and concise design.. To these characteristics, many modern trends. This tile is in shades of gray, dark brown and dark blue.
How to choose the right material?
Before purchasing a tile, you must be familiar with the selection criteria. It is necessary to take into account not only the color of the product, but also the characteristic features of the material, its texture and so on:
- Combination with technology. If you plan to install heated floors in the room, choose a tile that is compatible with this technology. Otherwise, the material will quickly deteriorate after installation, and you will not be able to fully use the warm floor.
- Colour. The choice of color is very important. Color should fit the style of the interior, the size of the room, the color of furniture and decorative items. Do not forget about personal preferences. Hue should give you pleasure.
- Characteristic. Wear resistance class, resistance to moisture, thickness - all this affects the service life and preservation of the presentation of the product. Before purchasing, be sure to familiarize yourself with such aspects. The higher the specified characteristics, the higher the cost.
- Make a purchase consciously. Do not rush to buy tiles in the first store. Estimate the range of products, compare prices and make a balanced choice. Contact only trusted stores that offer certified products at a reasonable price.
Carpet from tiles. Popular design technique that we described above in the article. The finishing material is in harmony with the classic furnishings (furniture, fireplace, wall decoration, decorative elements).
Glossy tile in a light color with a matte pattern. The material creates a refined and sophisticated setting in the living room.
Luxury marbled tiles. Dash adorn blotches in brown shades. The photo shows how the tile is combined with brown furniture.
White monochrome tile in a modern living room. Gloss gently separates the rays of natural light.
Strict gray tile. Practical and stylish decoration for living rooms in a contemporary style. The material has a matte texture.
Stylish design using dice of various colors. The optimal combination of colors (dark brown, light brown, beige) for a classic decor.
Floor tiles under the stone looks solid. On one plate several colors are harmoniously combined: brown, gray, dark gray, beige. Also visible shades of green.
Tile is a stylish and practical option for decorating living rooms in different decorative styles. With it, you can turn a regular floor into a key element of style. Everyone has the opportunity to choose the best option for the price, features and appearance.