Ikea Metal Beds
The bedroom is considered a secluded place, almost always hidden from prying eyes. But despite this, it is very important to equip a room for rest.
Bed - the main element of the bedroom. and our well-being and cheerful mood for the whole day depends on her right choice. Today, the bedroom furniture market offers the widest range of products from various materials, including metal. By purchasing a metal bed from such a trusted manufacturer as Ikea, you get a practical, stylish and inexpensive piece of furniture.
Swedish giant Ikea sells furniture for every taste, but all products are distinguished by high quality, environmental friendliness, reasonable price and world-famous and easily recognizable Scandinavian design. Ikea beds have many advantages, but metal models have several advantages:
- Strength - the metal frame is highly resistant to loosening and can withstand loads of up to 200 kg per single model;
- Durability - metal furniture with modern coatings is practically not affected by changes in humidity and temperature, unlike wooden products;
- Security - the metal is not combustible and environmentally friendly, does not absorb and does not emit harmful substances;
- Practicality - It is very easy to care for such a bed: you just need to wipe the frame from dust;
- Ease - furniture is made mainly from hollow pipes, therefore it has a relatively small weight;
- Transformation - children's models have a mechanism for increasing size as the child grows;
- Design - Ikea metal beds have a very stylish look: different variations of curved shapes in combination with thin jumpers create a weightless and elegant look. If you are tired or are not initially satisfied with the color of the model, you can very easily repaint the frame with modern paint for metal.
The metal bed will be perfectly combined with items of furniture made of wood, leather with various textiles, which Ikea is famous for.
The frame of a berth from metal is made of pipes or a profile by a method of stamping or forging. Such a bed is much lighter than products from MDF or wooden massif. Such furniture does not look bulky and occupies all the space in the room.
Consider the most popular:
- One of the most popular metal models Ikea is considered a children's folding bed. "Minnen". It is made in white and black. Steel pipes will not be cold to the touch due to the epoxy resin powder coating applied. The length of the bed is adjustable from 135 to 206 cm. The bed is elegant, comfortable and durable.
- Iron double bed "Leirvik" made in white color. The model with a beautiful back of curls will complement the romantic atmosphere in the style of Provence, refresh the classic bedroom, suitable for lovers of Scandinavian interiors with an abundance of white and a minimum of details. Buyers are offered three sizes to choose from: 140x200, 160x200 and 180x200.
- Frame "Copardal" dark gray color will perfectly fit into any style. The model without too much decor is very laconic, but with well-thought-out proportions. Separately, a batten bottom made of beech or birch veneer and a mattress is added to the bed. It is presented in two sizes of sleeping space - 140x200 and 160x200 cm.
- Model "Swart" Available in two constructive versions: the frame of a bunk bed and a bed attic. The "attic" version is functional and practical: there is enough free space under it to arrange a working, playing area or a sofa. Produced in silver and white colors. The ladder can be mounted either on the right or on the left.
- Bunk option "Swart" ideal for a room where two children live, or even three, because it can be supplemented with a third pull-out bed with a full bed 90 x 200 cm. Alternatively, this option can be used for overnight guests. In the model, safety is thought out to the maximum: anti-slip strips are glued on the steps, the bed is stable and can support the weight of adults, the upper berth is equipped with a high side.
- Bunk frame "Tuffing" dark gray can be placed in a room with low ceilings, since its height is only 130 cm. The ladder is in the center, so the child sleeping on the lower tier will not fall exactly, and mesh bumpers are installed at the top.
How to choose and place in the interior?
Here that designers advise:
- Thinking about the purchase, it is very important to correctly determine the size. Furniture should not occupy more than half of the room, because then there will be very little free space, and the bed will not look harmonious.
- If you choose a bed for a child, the best solution would be to choose a sliding model, since changing a bed to increase its growth is quite expensive.
- A loft bed and a two-tier construction are ideal for a small room or for a family with several children, because they save a lot of space, which can be usefully used for other purposes.
- Models from Ikea differ laconic and strict colors: shades of gray, black and white. These colors are universal, perfectly coexist with the rest, fit in the men's and girls' room, and are also suitable for any age.
- Frames with imitation forging and patterned headboards are well combined with various interior solutions. Especially look good in the rooms, made in a classic style.
Ikea products do not need additional recommendations: the products of this Swedish company "live" in millions of families around the world. Feedback from metal beds is mostly positive. Buyers are satisfied with the convenience and practicality, the ergonomics of models and safety for children, as well as the fact that the steel frames are quite light. All users note that a reasonable price, sustainable coating, strength determined their choice in favor of Ikea.
As you know, all the furniture from this brand is collected by buyers on their own. Detailed instructions allow you to do it pretty quickly. But there are also disadvantages in this - poorly tightened bed frame fasteners can cause creaks during operation. Some reviewers complain about this.
But in general, a metal bed from Ikea can be a worthy budget purchase for many years.