Plastic lining for exterior work: the advantages and rules of plating
The decoration of the facade of the building is an important step in the construction and repair, since the general appearance of the house and the backyard plot will depend on the exterior lining of the building. Modern manufacturers offer a large range of building materials for home decoration, but plastic lining with a number of features is more popular.
Building construction is a procedure that consists of a series of sequential activities. Facing the building is an important step not only due to the fact that it depends on the appearance of the building, but it also provides insulation and protection of buildings from the aggressive environment. Plastic lining due to its technical characteristics fully cope with these tasks. By production of a product from it completely remove harmful substances.
Lining of plastic is made of rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) with the addition of coloring and plasticizing special elements under the influence of high temperatures. Inside the building material has voids that give the product thermal and sound insulation qualities. Specialized grooves provide a lightweight installation of the finish, thereby reducing construction time and minimizing financial costs.
Plastic lining is made from artificial building materials. This means that it is more durable, when compared with similar material from wood, and also it is easier to care for such a product. It is allowed to apply it not only indoors, but also outside, because this building material perfectly tolerates the effects of UV rays and sudden temperature changes.
If it was decided to apply this material in places with harsh climatic conditions, then you can choose a specialized frost-resistant version of the product.
Facade wall paneling is in demand among many owners due to the available product advantages:
- water resistance - the product does not pass and does not absorb moisture;
- high rate of resistance to deformation;
- fire resistance - thanks to modern production technology, the products do not ignite and do not emit harmful substances;
- high coefficient of resistance to mold and mildew;
- simple care - just wash the structure with clean water;
- long operational period - 10-15 years;
- resistance to rust;
- the finish can mask all irregularities and flaws in the surface;
- unlike wooden lining, plastic options do not require treatment with specialized antiseptics before installation;
- acceptable cost of production.
Plastic lining, like other identical building materials, has some drawbacks when used.
- Low impact strength - even a weak impact on the structure will cause a crack.
- Vapor tightness Before you carry out the lining of the room, it is necessary to process the walls with a special agent against mold and mildew. If this is not done, it will be more difficult to eliminate such problems in the future, since it will be necessary to dismantle the entire structure.
Lining of plastic for outdoor work can be of various kinds.
Below are the most popular designs:
- Lining-panel. This product is visually reminiscent of a wooden bar. This system is the most simplified, so most plastic building materials are made with a similar profile.
- Block house. Finishing building material is visually similar to a log house. Inside the PVC panel has a flat surface, and on the sides there are grooves for fixing. This type of product can be used not only for exterior work, but also for interior work. In addition to the aesthetic appearance, the product has an excellent indicator of plasticity, because during production, manufacturers add specialized additives that provide building materials with frost resistance and fade resistance.
- American. This option is the most popular type of plastic lining due to the installation features, because the panels located provide excellent protection of the facade of the building from high temperatures and moisture penetration into the room. Outside, this variation of the wall paneling resembles overlapping boards.
Most experts divide the PVC wall paneling for outdoor use into the following varieties:
- colored or white products;
- materials that imitate wood, stone, as well as with the application of various drawings;
- suture and seamless plastic panels.
How to sheathe your own hands?
Before proceeding with the lining of the house clapboard, it is necessary to study the methods of laying finishing building materials. The most popular variation is the perpendicular and horizontal placement of products, because this way you can visually enlarge the walls. There is also an outdated method of laying panels - assembling a herringbone, as a result of which an unusual pattern is created, as well as an opportunity to save construction material.
As with other construction work, before you begin cladding the house cladding, you must prepare the foundation.
If a wooden building is being covered, then you should make sure that there are no areas with mold and fungus on the surfaces, because otherwise the surface should be treated with an antiseptic.
Regardless of the building materials of the outer walls, they should be thoroughly cleaned of various impurities. All cracks and cracks are sealed with a special solution. Ideally, the wall should be as level as possible.
First of all, the installation of wooden crates for fixing plastic products - it will create an aligned surface for installation. In addition, the frame installation makes it possible to install thermal and waterproofing in the system. The frame can be made independently by using conventional boards 4-5 in thickness and 10 cm wide. They are fixed in a vertical position.
Mined layers minvaty. Proper installation of insulation is carried out in such a way that there is no gap between the insulation materials. A feature of the laying of layers is that their upper layers must cover the lower plates to the middle.
Due to the natural elasticity of the products, an additional insulating material is not required.
To prevent the ingress of moisture into the room, you must install a waterproofing layer. For this purpose, you can apply a plastic film. Fixing of the film is carried out with the help of construction brackets to the bars.
Joints must be taped - this procedure will increase the waterproofing quality of the structure.
Installing the second frame
Now you can begin to install the second frame. On the bars of the first frame, on top of the waterproofing film, laths 2-3 cm thick and 0.5 mm wide are nailed. To prevent rodents and other insects from entering the lower region of the structure, it is necessary to close it with a metal grid.
Installation of elements begins with a corner. The first part of the installation is the manager, so at this stage you need to be especially careful and attentive. Having assembled several products among themselves, it is necessary to use the construction level.
The variation of the finish in length implies the laying of materials, where the spikes of the finishing product will be located in the upper part, as a result of which condensate will not form inside the structure.
There are various methods of fixing finishing products. The way in which a stapler or nails are used is very popular. But such tools in a fairly short time can break, so in the future, you will need to reinstall parts. Experts recommend to acquire specialized klyimer or thin nails. By means of klyaymer it is possible to carry out installation on a brick covering or on the walls made of round bars or an armored concrete.
After finishing the skinning procedure, you can start painting. For some types of paint (for example, oil) will require pre-treatment of the surface. This is done by applying a drying coat in two layers. After that, you need to wait for one hundred percent drying of the special coating and continue painting.
Tips and tricks
Lining made of plastic - an ideal variation for cladding walls with a high moisture content (for example, perfect for a bath). When purchasing building materials for wall cladding, you should pay attention to the cost of the range, because high-quality building materials will be distinguished by a high price.
If there is no opportunity to purchase expensive building materials, you need to pay attention to the main nuances that form the quality of the goods.
- The thickness of the outer part of the wall panel should be such that stiffening ribs are not visible through it, otherwise you should not use such building material for the external covering of the building.
- The strength of the product depends entirely on the number of stiffeners.
- The distance between the ribs should not exceed 10 mm.
- You should pay attention to the uniform color coating of building materials. Most manufacturers do not add coloring matter to the copolymer special composition during manufacture, but only process the front of the products. Such a lining in a fairly short period of time loses its shade, and if there are scratches and cracks, they will most noticeably stand out against the general background.
- When purchasing material, you need to require a quality certificate from the seller for the products, because lining is made from toxic raw materials. A new product at the opening may give off an unpleasant odor, but this is considered normal.
- According to many experts, high quality products should contain no more than 20% of chalk. Surplus of chalk leads to a decrease in the strength of the material. This ingredient belongs to the inexpensive components, so it is often used in the manufacture to reduce the cost of products. In order to check the content of this element in the material, it is enough to bend the angle of the bar. If a crack does not appear in the bending area, then it is allowed to use such material.
- When choosing a finishing material should purchase wall paneling for outdoor decoration.
This style requires the design of the facade in natural and natural colors.
The following shades will do:
- milky shades;
Facing the facade of the house, made in bright colors, in perfect harmony with the dark elements: railings, window frames, street wrought lamp.
A conservative English image can be created through the use of brick wall paneling. Such design favorably emphasizes the respectability and restraint of the building.
English style requires the use of simple colors in combination with natural materials or with their beautiful imitation. Plastic panels perfectly cope with such tasks. Due to the fact that the products can be painted in any color, it is possible to give the building a necessary shade. The main thing is that the exterior wall decoration is in harmony with the general style of the house.
The most sought-after variation of the building's lining is the image of a chalet. The outer and inner lining of the building in this style is made of wooden bar. An expensive building material can be replaced with a block-house plastic clapboard, which perfectly imitates wooden bars, emphasizing the attractiveness and elegance of the building. Also, PVC finishing material has a high index of frost resistance and does not lose color in the sun, as a result of which this facade material can be used in the most severe climatic conditions.