How to apply liquid wallpaper on the wall?
The interior of the main room of the house requires a special approach to the choice of each element. One of the most significant details of the situation is the wallpaper. It is they who determine the mood and set the desired tone for any design, filling the room with the atmosphere of home comfort.
So that they really create harmony in the interior of the hall, the approach to their choice must be thorough: you need to take into account a number of factors, among which are the features of the room, the composition of the material, its texture, width, method of application, design techniques. In this article we will look at how to choose the wallpaper, and the ways of modern lining with the techniques of fashionable design.
Hall or living room - a special room of the house. This is the place where the whole family gathers, the room where guests are invited for a pleasant chat. This is a festive zone in the case of family celebrations, a common room for all who live in the house, so the interior of the hall should take into account the interests of everyone. The room must be comfortable, comfortable, different disposable environment. It does not matter, in a city apartment, country house or cottage, it is located: harmony is appropriate everywhere.
Not always the living room space is sufficient. In most cases, the hall is a small room, sometimes it is a room of "Khrushchev" is not the best plan. The room may have corners, protrusions, a broken perspective, which complicates its perception and requires proper use of cladding.
Often, you can notice and clearly curved walls with a difference of up to 10 cm. In addition, the hall often has the disadvantage of the arrangement of windows and doorways, which can be evident.
In some cases, the difficulty lies in the insufficient height of the ceiling, which creates a pressing atmosphere, visually reduces the usable area and complicates the choice of wallpaper.
However, whatever the features of the room, global repair of the hall with the demolition of load-bearing walls, an increase in doorways is not always needed. This can lead to subsidence of the walls and greater aggravation of the negative perception of space. Often in order to be nice in the room, enough to choose the right wallpaper and furniture. Moreover, the basis of the interior almost always sets the lining: it indicates - what is appropriate from the interior in this room.
The design of the hall, in turn, hints at the theme of the other rooms of the house, which can be expressed in shades of color palette, the texture of the lining used and other factors, depending on the case.
Facing the walls of the hall wallpaper has a lot of advantages. This material:
- it is made on modern technological equipment, thanks to which it is distinguished by high quality and practical characteristics;
- changes the aesthetic perception of the space of the hall, giving it the desired direction of style, taking into account the capabilities of a particular room;
- allows you to beat the shortcomings of the room, to divert attention from them, or to specifically emphasize a special design technique, turning them into the dignity of the room design;
- It is not limited in the subject of print, which allows you to use wallpaper as an element of decorating the space, through which you can add personality and the right atmosphere to the room;
- depending on the type of raw material, its shade and print size, it is able to visually beat the lack of space and light, filling the room with space and light;
- it is distinguished by the type of texture, due to which it is able to give the necessary furnishing items the desired status;
- It is not limited in shades of color palette, which allows you to choose the material in tune to the furnishing or additional interior accessories;
- it has a width variation, due to which there is always an opportunity to carry out pasting the surface with a minimum number of joints, saving material in the places of pasting corners, protrusions, niches;
- depending on the thickness and type of structure, it is an alternative to soundproofing walls, reducing annoying outside sounds from neighboring apartments;
- in varieties with a dense structure, it is heat insulation of walls, which is especially noticeable during the cold season;
- based on the characteristics of the composition, it is able to mask minor irregularities of the walls, which is convenient and simplifies the process of preparing the base where there is no special need for it;
- strengthens the walls, which is especially important in rooms where there was plaster or whitewash on the walls;
- by means of the hue used and the print theme chosen, it can have a positive effect on household members, bringing the right mood and temperature to the atmosphere;
- in many varieties has additional impregnation, through which it acquires resistance to fire, pollution and moisture, the formation of the environment for the emergence of microorganisms, fungi and mold;
- Depending on the type of material used, the method of drawing the pattern, the complexity of the pattern, texture, width and additional effects, it is different in cost, which increases the number of customers and allows everyone to purchase the lining according to their own preferences and available budget.
There are a few drawbacks in facing the room with wallpaper. Wallpaper for the hall:
- not always chosen correctly, so they look inappropriate, or interrupt the interior composition, having an abundance of variegation and creating a feeling of disorder;
- Depending on the type of material, they require the correct choice of glue, otherwise they may hold on to much smaller vertical surfaces of the walls;
- they are not selected solely on external indicators, as they may not be suitable for the specific interior given the humidity or the degree of practicality;
- in most cases, they need adjustment of the pattern, which increases the material consumption, leaving after work residues that are not suitable for finishing even small planes;
- it is difficult to combine with each other if the space of the room is small, or two companions with pictures that are not compatible with each other are chosen as the basis;
- in some varieties are unstable to moisture and water, which spoils the appearance of the glued surface, leaving stains after drying, lagging the material from the wall, forcing to carry out an adjustment, or re-glue the wallpaper completely;
- they do not always have a breathing structure, which in apartments with high humidity leads to the formation of mold and mildew, which have a harmful effect on the body of the household.
Types of wallpaper
To date, the construction market presents a wide range of interior decoration on a different basis. Wallpapers are universal material available to every customer, therefore, they are in great demand along with other lining. In the form of release the best types of these products are divided into three types:
- rolled, whose width is 53, 60, 70, 90, 100, 106 cm, length varies on average up to 10 - 15 m;
- powder, sold in packages weighing 1 kg for self-dilution and preparation of the material;
- wet, which is a finished lining material that does not need to be adjusted before work.
In the collections of successful brands there are a lot of wall coverings, however not all of them are worthy of selection as a decoration for the walls of the hall. Immediately it is necessary to exclude from the list of fluorescent and holographic varieties that are inappropriate in the design of the hall, regardless of the chosen style. Among the other types of wallpaper is worth noting several groups that have strengths and weaknesses.
This category of rolled wallpaper is divided into two types:
- simplex - a material consisting of one layer, characterized by a smooth surface;
- Duplex - wallpaper, consisting of two or more layers of cellulose, having a more attractive top layer, sometimes coarse-fiber, consisting of compressed wood chips.
Such wallpapers are common due to the low price, they allow you to save on the purchase of material, are convenient where repairs are often done.
Thin types of canvases are quite capricious in pasting, therefore they often form bubbles, being glued to the surface of the walls. The dense varieties are somewhat coarse. The joints of these categories are peeled off more often. Paper wallpapers are characterized by simple drawings, rustic texture, short service life (up to 5 years). They are afraid of moisture, soak, if water hits the surface, eventually lag behind the walls themselves, even if the foundation was carefully prepared.
This facing is considered one of the most popular, differing in premium appearance and the presence of several varieties. The category includes wallpaper:
- foamed vinyl;
- heavy canvases;
- compact vinyl;
- silk screen printing.
The simplest of them are foamed varieties, premium wallpaper recognized hot embossed with a silk structure, through which create one of the most delicate and sought-after patterns.
Vinyl cladding is great for decorating the walls of the hall: wallpaper made on the basis of vinyl or non-woven, perfectly masks the minor irregularities of the walls.
The category differs in different material thickness, excellent performance characteristics and the presence of additional effects, which paper analogs do not have. They have fire-resistant, moisture-proof and anti-bacterial impregnation, they are able to decorate the walls of the living room up to 15 years without the need to glue the joints. In operation, they are simple, do not form waves, bubbles, due to the meter thickness allow to minimize the number of joints between the canvases. The disadvantage of the material is the presence of harmful components, which over time make themselves felt (formaldehyde vapors are emitted into the air).
Wall-paper on a flizelinovy basis is more popular than vinyl analogs. In contrast, they are an ecological finish that is harmless to the human body, so they can be quietly placed in the key room of the house. They have elasticity and small thickness. This allows you to paste over even a curved vertical plane in such a way that there are no gaps between the wallpaper strips, if necessary, slightly stretching the material.
Prints of this facing are one of the best among all the varieties, clearly standing out against the background of other analogues.
The advantages of non-woven wallpaper include a large width of the fabric, resistance to the absorption of various odors, good breathability. The material consists of 70% cellulose and 30% chemical additives. Non-woven wallpaper, created by pressing the fibers of nonwoven and cellulose bonded with polymers, does not shrink during pasting.
They look like paper tissue, they perfectly adhere to walls made of plasterboard, plywood, porous concrete, and are fire resistant. These wallpapers do not fade under the sun, serve more than 15 years, are more expensive than vinyl counterparts, gradually accumulate dust on the surface, and therefore need to be cleaned.
This roll finish for the hall is unique in its origin: the wallpaper is literally woven from fiberglass yarns, giving them a clear fixation through special impregnations. Glass fiber create from soda, sand, dolomite and lime, connecting with paper. Each time the pattern is different: it can resemble a herringbone, a spider web, diamonds, chaotic lines, original lace.
These refractories are inherent in refractoriness: manufacturers process glass fiber material with special impregnation.
According to the manufacturers, the material is designed for 20 - 30 years of service, has a different density, good vapor permeability: it is not subject to temperature changes and can be painted up to 20 times.
The material is distinguished by high quality and durability, glass wallpaper is durable, looks good on the wall of the hall. However, they can not be glued to the usual glue. With the observance of the pasting technology, this lining will firmly adhere to the walls, especially in places of maximum operational load: this material is resistant to scrubbing and provides for the maintenance with a damp cloth.
Removing it from the walls is problematic. Fiberglass is different from fiberglass, they are composed of modified starch, which increase adhesion to the surface of the wall when pasting. They are made on traditional weaving and jacquard looms, which determines the pattern and texture of the material.
This decoration is one of the best materials for decorating the walls of the hall. It is a predominantly meter wallpaper with a premium appearance under the fabric. The surface of the lining is created by gluing textile threads to the paper base, which can be arranged parallel to each other at the closest distance or in the form of weave.
Material can be carried out with a flizelinovy substrate. The decoration itself is distinguished by pleasant tactile sensations, it warms the walls.
In the development of the front surface trademarks use cotton, silk, wool, canvas, jute and polyester. Textile wallpapers are excellent sound insulation: they absorb sound better than paper and vinyl analogs. In work, they are quite capricious: it is unacceptable that the adhesive substance gets on the woven surface, this spoils its structure. To glue textile wallpaper, you only need to glue the wall with a glue, since the substrate allows it. In the care, the material does not often allow the treatment of the front surface with a vacuum cleaner or a semi-dry sponge. These wallpapers are durable, serve up to 15 years.
This facing of the hall is a packaged wallpaper, which is sold in the form of powder or ready-mixed, due to which the latter is more often called "wet wallpaper". They are not decorative plaster, as they do not contain sand or plaster. Liquid wallpaper, which resembles a sour cream mass, is divided into colored varieties and analogues for painting. Compared to wallpaper rolls this lining is more voluminous, it is thicker, perfectly masks the irregularities of the walls, does not need to be carefully ground on the surfaceas it interferes with the strong adhesion of the material to the base.
The material is divided into three types: cellulose, silk, cellulose-silk wallpaper. Of these, the finest are textile varieties with silk fibers.
Liquid wallpaper is applied in several ways:
- by means of a spray gun;
- using a construction roller;
- manually with a spatula, site by site.
Application methods depend on the type of wall decoration. They affect the degree of consumption of the material, which in the usual lining takes 1 kg per 3-4 square meters. m. working surface. Depends on the flow and on the method of preparation of the material, which in the case of powder is soaked with warm water and allowed to brew for about 12 hours. Wet wallpaper to dilute is not necessary, their consumption is more.
The advantages of the material include the uniqueness of the appearance, excellent sound insulation of the walls, originality of the drawings, the possibility of using the ceiling. Liquid wallpaper allows adjustment of the lining until they are dry. In addition, the material allows the dismantling of the problem area, which was contaminated during operation. The disadvantage is the need to cover the finished lining with a special acrylic varnish, otherwise the wallpaper is unstable to mechanical damage and moisture. It is important to observe the same thickness of the layer when applied, otherwise the relief may lose the feeling of solidity.
Photo printing is one of the universal methods of decorating the living room walls. Photowall-paper represent facing with full-fledged drawing of different subject. More often it is a specific composition, which can be made in the form of a single cloth or composite canvases of different sizes.
The size of the photo wallpaper can be from 1 m and more, up to the area of the whole wall.
Essentially, wallpapers are space zoning tool. They are glued solely as wall decoration, so this lining needs additional wallpaper, smoothing the contrasting pattern. Wall mural is often capricious in pasting, especially if the material is thin. When gluing on a vertical surface, they can break, so pasting should be as delicate as possible.
Acrylic wallpapers are analogous to foamed vinyl wallcoverings. The difference is the deposition of a layer of acrylic spraying on a paper or non-woven substrate, by means of which a relief embossment is created. The method of applying acrylic point: it allows the material to be breathable and makes it appropriate in facing the walls of the hall. This wallpaper is cheaper and thinner than vinyl analogs, different good moisture resistance and wear resistance to mechanical damage, are not limited in decorative characteristics, provide surface cleaning with the use of wet sponges without the use of abrasive substances.
The texture of acrylic wallpaper often resembles brush strokes with a wide brush or convex points. В облицовке материал несколько сложнее виниловых обоев, хотя приклеивают их тоже встык.When applied to the back surface of the wallpaper glue, the glue should be allowed to soak into the wallpaper, after which the wallpaper should be glued to the wall.
With a lot of advantages, the material is not suitable for lining rooms with high humidity.
This category includes paintings from a series of paper varieties - duplex, raufazer, glass wall paper, and anaglipta. The uniqueness of such wallpaper is that for their facing does not need to customize the picture. Material consumption is economical, the seams are almost imperceptible. Painting is carried out with a roller using acrylic, latex or water-emulsion paints. The entire line of wallpaper for painting well masks the irregularities of the walls due to the relief texture. Such wallpapers are multi-layered canvases. Each layer of any material is impregnated with a special substance.
Among paper types, coarse-fiber wallpaper with a relief surface created by placing wood chips between two layers of paper is particularly popular.
Such materials are easy to work, they are well glued to the surface of the walls and ceiling, leveling with a rubber roller. Flizelinovye varieties for painting glued no worse than paper counterparts. In this case, there is no need to glue the wallpaper itself: just glue on the treated surface of the wall. However, the lining must be careful not to accidentally remove the vinyl coating from the front surface.
To date, wallpaper with a sticky substrate found wide application in the decoration of certain vertical planes of the living room. This is not just a self-bonding for furniture renovation: a modern approach to unusual lining allows to easily beat the features of the premises with a broken prospect. Due to the diversity of the structure, they perfectly decorate the protrusions, niches, restore or simply update the wall panels of the living room, as they provide for a different type of permissible base of the walls.
Self-adhesive wallpapers are multi-layered material, in which, in addition to the base and adhesive substance, there is anti-adhesion and protection.
This finish coating is characterized by elasticity, durability, it is resistant to water and moisture, is not influenced by alkaline solutions, and retains the brightness of the original shades for a long time. Having different widths, wallpapers are a tool for bringing together furnishings into a solid ensemble by pasting small facades in the same design with an accent wall.
They harmless to human health, perfectly combined with laminated or plastic panels, replace painting and do not need drying after pasting. The disadvantage of the lining is the demonstration of flaws in the unprepared surface of the wall: it will show holes and bumps. In addition, the lining process does not provide for re-sticking wallpaper: incorrectly pasted material is removed from the surface and replaced with a new one.
The texture of the wallpaper is one of the significant characteristics of wallcoverings, through which you can convey status, hint at the special taste of the home owners, demonstrate the ability to make a stylish and fashionable design. It is the type of surface that determines the degree of comfort and premiumness of the interior. It may resemble the structure of the paper, be hard, coarse, or have pleasant tactile sensations. The most popular wallpaper, the texture of which:
- deliberately rough;
One of the most popular design techniques are materials with a plush, velor surface and a canvas-like structure.
Woven surfaces attract attention, they draw out any interior, regardless of how the walls are drawn up, be it zoning or pasting all vertical planes.
The palette of colors of wallpaper for decoration of the hall is multifaceted. Today, each color is represented by a multitude of tones, through which you can convey the desired effect of the atmosphere. Often, up to 5 shades of the same color can be used in one pattern for the effect of depth and volume. Conventionally, the color palette of wallpaper for the hall is divided into several categories:
- neutral (white, gray, silver, black);
- natural (shades of beige and brown, including chocolate, coffee, sand, mustard, cocoa with milk and a touch of pinkish tint);
- pastel (light and delicate, diluted shades of pink, blue, mint, peach, cream, nude, lilac);
- combined (a mixture of two shades in a soft bleached tone, for example, pink-gray, silver-blue, chocolate-golden, peach-orange, coral-pink, smoky-blue color);
- bright (maroon, turquoise, brick, green, mint tones).
In addition, paints are divided into:
- refreshing cool;
A distinctive feature of the temperature of the shade is the ability to fill the special room of the apartment with the warmth of the home (warm sunny shades) or freshness (mint, sea colors).
It is unacceptable to glue dark tones into the hall: they are able to make negative in the space of the room, make it visually smaller and hide the degree of illumination of the room. In addition, there are shades that are bad for the psyche of a certain age. For example, it is unacceptable to glue on the walls of the living room violet-blue and black wallpaper, if it often contains elderly households. These tones provoke the appearance of lethargy, which eventually causes depression.
This season the emphasis is on the nobility of the shade. The main background and colors can be any. The main thing is that contrasts should not be screaming. As design tricks of facing are popular today, one shade of wallpaper will not be enough. Even if you choose a material with an emphasis on the uniqueness of the texture, you can not do without a small accent.
Stylists emphasize: a combination of contrasting tones - what you need for a harmonious and fashionable facing of the hall.
Popular combinations today are layouts:
- sandy beige with turquoise;
- coffee brown and beige;
- orange with gray;
- milky with white;
- chocolate with beige and olive;
- silvery, gray with white;
- beige with blue and light brown;
- mustard with brown and white;
- white with beige and gold;
- woody with gray and beige;
- gray with brick and white;
- white with gray;
- shade of cocoa with milk, beige and blue.
A lot of attention is paid to modern finishing of rolled coatings. That is why the drawings on the wallpaper today are markedly different from the analogs of the Soviet era. Modern patterns are able to convey the desired atmosphere, to be part of a fashionable interior composition or its bright accent, through which you can zone the space.
Every successful brand aims to offer customers a wide range of patterns, among which the most popular are:
- cherry blossoms in the trees and branches;
- lace motifs with curls and leaves;
- monograms-monograms, which are stylized flowers in the shape of a diamond, framed by woven liana leaves;